I just voted early in the midterms election that concludes on November 8.
First of all, VOTE!
Secondly, VOTE DEMOCRATIC!!
Third of all, VOTE FOR POT!!!
Five State Have Adult-Use Cannabis Ballot Initiatives
Residents of five states - Arkansas, Maryland, Missouri, South Dakota and North Dakota - can vote for pot. If all five pass, there will be 24 adult-legal cannabis states. Polling shows the likelihood of winning in the first three states and possibly losing in the Dakotas.
Many States Have Key Senate Races
Here are several:
• Vote for John Fetterman in Pennslyvania
In the most watched U.S. Senate race, pro-pot Lt. Gov. John Fetterman is facing off against TV star Dr. Mehmet Oz. Fetterman suffered a stroke four days prior to the May 17 primary. His slow recovery has fueled Oz's campaign. Fetterman leads by several points in recent polling.
• Vote for Tim Ryan in Ohio
Just west of Pennsylvania, it's a close race as well in Ohio with Democratic U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan vs. first-time candidate, author J.D. Vance. Ryan recently visted a medical cultivation facility in Youngstown.
• Vote for Trudy Busch Valentine in Missouri
Here's where a ballot initiative can help. Trudy Busch Valentine supports Amendment 3, the adult-use legalization measure on the November ballot. Her Republican opponent Eric Schmitt does not. Democratic voters should choose Valentine and Amendment 3. The race is considered a dead heat at this point.
• Vote for Cheri Beasley in North Carolina
Democrat Cheri Beasley is trailing Republican Ted Budd by four points in this tight Senate race in North Carolina.
If the Dems win two of these races, they will probably hold the Senate.
Several Key Governor Races Too
• Democrat Kathy Hochul, who replaced Andrew Cuomo as New York governor last year after his impeachment, is facing a challenge from Trump supportor Lee Zeldin, who campaigned with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over the weekend. The race has tightened but Hochul will win.
• Pennslvania's Republican candidate Doug Mastriano is an election denier and insurrection supporter. He will probably drag Oz down, helping Fetterman win. His opponent is Democrat Josh Shapiro.
• In Arizona, it's election denier Kari Lake vs. a Democrat, Katie Hobbs. However, the former has a significant lead in polls.
"Please vote like your life depends on it, because it does."
And a Psychedelics Proposition
• In Colorado, Prop 122 would create "a natural medicine services program for the supervised administration of dimethyltryptamine (DMT), ibogaine, mescaline (excluding peyote), psilocybin and psilocyn; a framework for regulating the growth, distribution and sale of such substances to permitted entities; and the Natural Medicine Advisory Board."
Final Stony Statement
If Americans want to see cannabis legalized for all uses, the Senate needs to remain Democratic for the next two years before the 2024 presidential election. Please vote like your life depends on it, because it does.
10 More Voters Guides