Comedian Katt Williams has endeared himself to the stoner audience with his "Weed" standup routine. Here are a few highlights:
• “I like weed - I think it's fantastic”
• “It ain’t no drug, it’s just a plant… and if you happen to set it on fire there are some effects”
• “You ain’t never heard of a motherfucker overdose on marijuana”
• “Weed make you notice shit you ain’t supposed to notice”
• “If you got kids, you gonna have to cut down on your weed consumption – it’s not cool to get high and eat up all yo’ baby’s cereal”
He also has a funny vaporizer routine: “This is Star Trek: The Next Generation right here, this is a new frontier… It’s got knobs on it… You put it on a real temperature like 375 degrees, like Jiffy corn-muffin mix numbers. It ain’t got no fire or no smoke, it just all vapor. You have to be careful because you don’t know how many vapors you can safely take. I was four to five bags in when I realized I had made a terrible mistake. You might want to find out how high you can actually get…”
Born on Sept. 2, 1973 in Cincinnati (his first name is Micah), Williams debuted as Money Mike in Friday After Next in 2002. After appearing on BET Comic View and voicing a character on The Boondocks, Williams appeared in his first HBO special, The Pimp Chronicles, Pt. 1, in 2006.
He followed with a number of live DVDs – Live (2006), American Hustle (2007) and It’s Pimpin’ Pimpin’ (2008). His 2022 special Katt Williams: World War III is on Netflix.
Williams has been arrested numerous times for theft, assault and gun possession dating back to 2006. From 2012-2018 he was involved in multiple incidents.
Williams has eight children; seven were adopted.