Alison Holcomb at Cannabis City in Seattle the day marijuana sales became legal in Washington State in July.
Women are having a greater influence in marijuana reform and business than ever before. We've combined lists created by
and Marie Claire , added a few of our favorites, and and came up with 20 leading ladies of weed (in alphabetical order). Canna Law Blog
• left her job as deputy director of the Betty Aldworth NCIA to become executice director of . SSDP She lives in Denver.
• runs the Valerie Corral , a cannabis-growing collective in Santa Cruz, and is on NORML's advisory board. Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana
• Noelle Crombie covers the marijuana beat for The Oregonian .
• is best known as wife of Canadian activist Marc Emery. She's currently running to be the Jodie Emery in Vancouver-East in British Columbia. Liberal Party representative
• Sabrina Fendrick founded the NORML Women's Alliance. She's curently NORML's director of strategic partnerships and lives in Denver.
• Diane Fornbacher publishes Ladybud.com and is on the board of NORML. She also lives in Colorado.
• Debby Goldsberry co-founded Berkeley Patients Group amd is now affilated with Magnolia Wellness in Oakland, where she lives.
• Diane Goldstein , a fomer Califiornia police officer, is on the exective board of LEAP .
• Alison Holcomb engineered the legalization victory in Washington State as campaign director of Initiative 502. She's the drug policy director of ACLU of Washington and is leading the ACLU's $50 million campaign focused on ending mass incarceration in America.
• is managing partner of the Wanda James and, with her husband, owns and operates Cannabis Global Initiative in Denver. Jezebel's Southern Bistro and Bar
is executive chancellor of Dale Sky Jones . She was one of many activists who tried to get Prop 19 passed in California in 2010. Oaksterdam University
is deputy director of California NORMl, publishes Ellen Komp and VeryImportantPotheads.com , and writes for Tokin Woman . CelebStoner
wears multiple hats. She's on the board of NORML, is executive director of Oregon NORML and runs the Madeline Martinez in Portland. Wolrld Famous Cannabis Cafe
is founder and CEO of Genifer Murray . She's also based in Denver. Cannlabs
• Elvy Musikka , who suffers from glaucoma, is one of four people who receives a medical-marijuana prescriptiuon from the federal government. She lives in Oregon.
• wrote Mikki Norris Shattered Lives: Portraits from America's Drug War, founded the and edits Cannabis Consumers Campaign . She lives in the Bay Area. theleafonline.com
is marijuana law and policy manager at the Amanda Reiman and chairs Berekely's Medical Commision. She also lives in the Bay Area. DPA
is the longtime executive director of Steph Sherer , which is based in the Bay Area. American for Safe Access
• Jane West has made a name for herself in Denver with her Edible Events around town. She recenty co-founded Women Grow .
• is deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association based in Denver. Taylor West
Who else is a "leading lady of weed"? Let us know.