Magic Johnson has joined Jane Fonda and Toni Braxton as a brand ambassador for Uncle Bud's Hemp & CBD. The big difference is he's an investor too.
The Basketball Hall of Famer stated in a press release on July 29:
"Magic Johnson Enterprises is focused on identifying category leaders with quality products that are at an affordable price... I'm impressed with the founder and leadership at Uncle Bud's Hemp & CBD. Garrett has proven the effectiveness of the products and the company's commitment to serving diverse communities. I look forward to working with the team to grow the company even further."
Garrett Greller is co-founder of the Los Angeles-based Uncle Bud's. Magic Johnson Enterprises handles Johnson's investments. The former Los Angles Laker also co-owns the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Magic Johnson: "We want to make sure nobody’s getting high while using our products.”
Greller noted about the collaboration:
"The synergy between Magic Johnson and Uncle Bud's Hemp & CBD products raises the bar to a new level as we share the love of the products and the history of the brand. Uncle Bud's Hemp & CBD is thrilled to partner with Magic Johnson and educate folks about all the benefits behind the brand's vast collection of Hemp & CBD products."
Johnson told Forbes:
“I power-walk every day and my knees always hurt, so I use the products on my knees and my back. They really help me out a lot and give me that pain relief I am looking for. It’s been a natural solution for me. I don’t take drugs or anything like that, so I’m all about making sure I put the right things in my body and on my body. After trying these products I said, ‘Wow, I’m a believer.’ So when the opportunity to partner with them came along, I jumped on.
“Uncle Bud’s is creating jobs in our great country. And then, there’s the fact that Uncle Bud’s products have no THC, which is really important to me. We want to make sure nobody’s getting high while using our products.”
One of the greatest players in NBA history, Johnson's Lakers won five NBA titles from 1980-1988 and was named the league's Most Valuable Player three times. He was inducted into the Basketball Hasll of Fame in 2002.
Five More Celebs for CBD
• Jane Fonda: In May, the actress announced her affiliation with Uncle Bud's: "I use a pen that limits how many doses you get, which is way better than taking sleeping pills... But I was never majorly into pot to tell you the truth. However, I have osteoarthritis, so things that help with pain and inflammation are good."
• Brett Favre: Earlier this month, the Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback hooked up with Green Eagle: "You can't go anywhere without seeing a CBD store or some product that's not CBD related - it has taken off. [They] just wanted me to be a spokesman and endorse a product. I needed to use it first and I was pleasantly surprised."
• Megan Rapinoe: Along with her sister Rachael, USA women's soccer star Megan helped found Mendi, which offers CBD products for athletes. "CBD is natural," she tells Marijuana Goes Mainsteam. "I don't want to be filling my body with chemicals."
• Marvin Washington: The former NFL player is on the board of Isodiol and has his own line of CBD products, Iso-Sport: “CBD is a great alternative to opioids and pharmaceuticals that players have been poisoned with. CBD acts as an antioxidant and neuroprotector for the brain in relation to concussions.”
• Kim Kardashian: The reality-TV star and wife of Kanye West said in 2019: "Anyone that knows me knows that I'm obsessed with CBD everything."