It's officially Bob Marley Week at CelebStoner.
Known as Tuff Gong, Marley would have turned 76 on February 6.
He died on May 11, 1981 as a result of cancer.
Marley left behind a huge catalog of reggae music which he pioneered with others in Jamaica in the '60s and spread around the world, with the help of Island Records, in the '70s.
A prodigious marijuana smoker, Marley advocated for its legalization, calling ganja "the healing of the nations."
He famously sang about it on the following tunes:
• "Got to have kaya now" - "Kaya"
• "Excuse me while I light my spliff" - "Easy Skanking"
• "I've got to throw away my little herb stalk" - "Rebel Music (3 o' Clock Roadblock)"
• "I wanna get high, so high" - "One Draw" (recorded by Rita Marley)
• "Take away everything/ And make everyone feel high" - "Get Up, Stand Up" (written by Peter Tosh)
Bob Marley Spliff Pics
Here are some of our favorite Bob Marley smoking and ganja photos.