So far in 2017, there have been eight celebrity drug arrests:
• Trevone Boykin: 3/27; Seattle Seahawks QB charged with misdemeanor B possession of less than two ounces of marijuana and misdemeanor C public intoxication after the vehicle he was riding in crashed into a bar in Dallas and mowed down pedestrians (seven were hospitalized); released on $500 bail.
• Chief Keef (Keith Cozert): 6/12; Chicago rapper charged with marijuana and paraphernalia possession at Sioux City Regional Airport in South Dakota; he was held at the Minnehaha County Jail without bail.
• Yvonne Elliman-Alexander: 8/16. "If I Can't Have You" singer arrested in Guam by Customs after am eight ounce of meth and a pipe was found in her bag. Her husband Allen Alexander was also apprehended for possession three grams of marijuana. Elliman was released on a $10,000, but wasn't allowed to learn the country until the matter was resolved.
• Melissa Etheridge: 8/17; "Come to My Window" singer busted for possessing a controlled substance (cannabis oil – ie, a vape pen) when her bag was searched upon entering the US in North Dakota from Canada on her tour bus. She pled not guilty.
• Demetrius Harris: 3/7: Kansas City Chiefs TE charged with suspicion of felony possession of marijuana and paraphernalia in Bates Country, MO after traffic stop.
• Natrez Patrick: 10/5; University of Georgia linebacker charged with marijuana possession after a traffic stop in Athen, GA for "prohibited stopping, standing or parking." Taken to Athens-Clarke County Jail, he was released 10/6 on $1,500 bond. Patrick was previously arrested for pot in 2015.
• Zach Randolph: 8/9; the Sacramento Kings forward was arrested at a Los Angeles housing project for possession of marijuana with intent to sell as well as resisting arrest; in September, he pled no contest to the resisting arrest charge and received a sentence of 150 hours of community service.
• Adrien Robinson: 7/31; former New York Giants WR arrested for possession of more than 20 pounds of pot and paraphernalia in Mifflinburg, PA after traffic stop on I-80 and subsequent search of his vehilce; he was released after paying $10,000 bail.
• Todd Rundgren: 9/9; "Hello, It's Me" rocker busted at the US-Canada border in North Dakota when Customs agents found two vape pens in his possession.
• Shock G (Greg Jacobs): 6/13; Digital Underground rapper arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia after traffic stop in Rice Lake, WI at 2 am; he was released on $100 bail.
• DJ Williams: 4/18; Karl Denson's Tiny Universe guitarist arrested at the Abu Dhabi International Airport in Dubai, UAE for possessing a canabis oil vape pen; released after spending three months in jail and returned to the US.
• Young Thug (Jeffrey Williams): 9/23; rapper arrested during a traffic stop due to tinted windows on his Mercedes-Benz Maybach in Brookhaven, GA and charged with felony possession of marijuana; released on bond on 9/27.
NFL players: 3
College football player: 1
NBA player: 1
North Dakota 2
New Jersey: 1
South Dakota: 1