• A Boogie wit da Hoodie (nee Artist Dubose) - Dec. 7; the Bronx, NY-born rapper was arrested at his home in Demarest, NJ and charged with possession of marijuana and several handguns; two other men were also charged; had a No. 23 hit with "Numbers" in 2020.
• Malik Beasley - Sept. 26; the Minnesota Timberwolves guard was arrested at his home in Plymouth, Minnesota and charged with possession of narcotics (marijuana) and receiving and/or concealing stolen property; drafted by the Denver Nuggets in 2016, he was traded to the Timberwolves in February; in 14 games this season, he averaged 20.7 points per game.
• Jason Coffman - June 2; the bassist in the band the Gunpowder Project, based in Jackson, Tennessee, was arrested for possessing less than an ounce of weed; federal police searched Coffman's home after he staged a fake molotov cocktail photo on Facebook; in Tennessee, possession of less than half an ounce is a misdemeanor punishable by maximums of one year in jail and a $2,500 fine; contribute to his legal defense here.
• Lil TJay (nee Tione Merritt) - Dec. 30; the 19-year-old Bronx-born rapper was arrested with three others during a traffic stop in Brooklyn; a backpack filled with marijuana and four guns were found in the Cadillac Escalade, which was search; charged with marijuana possession, criminal possession of a weapon and grand larceny (one of the guns was traced to a South Carolina police department); had a moderate hit with "F.N." (No. 56, 2019).
• NBA YoungBoy (nee Kentrell Gaulden) - Sept. 28; the 20-year-old rapper was caught up in a police raid in Baton Rouge. Louisiana, where he lives; charged with possession of Schedule I drugs, manufacturing/distributing a Schedule II drug and manufacturing/distributing Schedule IV drugs; according to the police report, "The marijuana was packaged for distribution and the scales found at the scene are used for packaging and selling narcotics"; in additon, he was found with $47,000; numerous firearms were also at the location; 15 others were arrested; Youngboy has several previous arrests, including one for marijuana in 2019; his song "Bandit," performed with Juice Wrld, who died last year, was a No. 10 hit in 2019.
• Greg Robinson - Feb. 17; the former Cleveland Browns offensive tackle, No. 2 overall pick in the 2014 draft (by the Los Angeles Rams) and current free agent was arrested for possessing 157 pounds of marijuana at the notorious checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX (Willie Nelson was busted there in 2010); he and a second person in the vehicle could receive maximum sentences of 20 years each if convicted.
• Muhammad Wilkerson - Mar. 2; the former New York Jet and current Green Bay Packer defensive lineman was arrested for DWI and marijuana and paraphernalia possession after a traffic stop in Paterson, NJ on Interstate 80 at 2:45 am for speeding, unsafe lane change and failure to give proper signal; in July 2019, he was charged with DWI after another late-night traffic stop, this time in New York City; the All-Pro was suspended for the first two games of the 2020 season.
2020 Total: 7
NFL players: 2
NBA players: 1
New Jersey: 1
New York: 2
Celeb drug busts in 2019: 21
Celeb drug busts in 2018: 20
Celeb drug busts in 2017: 23
Celeb drug busts in 2016: 20
Celeb drug busts in 2015: 8
Celeb drug busts in 2014: 43
Celeb drug busts in 2013: 48
Celeb drug busts in 2012: 39
Celeb drug busts in 2011: 66
This article was originally posted on February 19. It's been updated several times.