At 85, Willie Nelson is one of the oldest professional musicians to regularly tour and record. His two 2018 albums - Last Man Standing and My Way - received three Grammy nominations in the following categories:
• Best Traditional Pop Album: My Way WON
• Best American Roots Performance: "Last Man Standing" LOST to Brandi Carlisle for "The Joke"
• Best Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals: "It Was a Very Good Year" LOST to "Spiderman Theme"
Nelson has now won 9 Grammys over the years and earned 51 total nominations.
It was also a big night for fellow country singer Kacey Musgraves who took home the following awards:
• Best Album: Golden Hour
• Best Country Album: Golden Hour
• Best Country Song: "Space Cowboy"
• Best Country Solo Performance: "Butterflies"
Other winners and nominees of relevance to CelebStoner:
• Best Rock Album: Pacific Daydream, Weezer LOST to From the Fires by Greta Van Fleet
• Best Rock Performance: "When Bad Does Good," Chris Cornell WON
• Best Metal Performance: "Electric Messiah," High on Fire WON
• Best Rap Album: Swimming, Mac Miller LOST to Invasion of Privacy by Cardi B
• Best Jazz Vocal Album: If You Really Want, Raul Midón LOST to The Window by Cécile McLorin Salvant
• Best Traditional Blues Album: No Mercy in This Land, Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite LOST to The Blues Is Alive and Well by Buddy Guy
• Best Folk Album: Whistle Down the Wind, Joan Baez LOST to All Ashore by Punch Brothers
• Best World Music Album: Black Times, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 LOST to Freedom by Soweto Gospel Choir
• Best Dance/Electronic Album: Treehouse, Sofi Tukker LOST to "Woman Worldwide" by Justice
• Best Box or Special Limited Edition Package: Pacific Northwest '73-'74: The Complete Recordings, Grateful Dead LOST to Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of "Weird Al" Yankovic.
• Best New Artist: Margo Price LOST to Dua Lipa
Check out all of the nominations here.
The Grammys were handed out on Feb. 10 on CBS.