Rocker-turned-TV-star Henry Rollins digs into America's bizarre relationship with hemp and marijuana on his History Channel show, 10 Things You Don't Know About.
"Marijuana is part of America and American history whether you like it or not," explains Rollins, who made his fame as frontman of the '80s hardcore band, Black Flag.
According to Rollins, these are the "10 Things You Don't Know About Marijuana."
1. No on knows where the word marijuana comes from
2. Colonists were required to grow hemp
3. Hemp bought some slaves their freedom
4. Cannabis used to be a rich man's drug
5. The U.S. government used to tax marijuana
6. During WW II you could dodge the draft by growing hemp
7. The U.S. government tested marijuana as a truth serum
8. Henry Ford developed a hemp car
9. Hundreds of thousands of marijuana plants grow on public land
10. The U.S. government has grown marijuana for decades
Watch the episode here.