Among the top 2016 Emmy nominees, HBO's stony show about a small tech company, Silicon Valley, was shut out. The show features the bonghitting T.J. Miller in his role as know-it-all Erlich Bachman.
The 2016 honorees included Top CelebStoners Bill Maher, Anthony Bourdain, Amy Poehler and James Franco. Bourdain and Poehler both took home Emmy trophies.
Here are our favorite nominees and those who won. FYI: Out of the 60 nominees highlighted, 10 won.
• Real Time with Bill Maher (1) – Outstanding Variety Talk Series
• Narcos (3) – Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series, Main Title Theme, Main Title Design
• Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (5) – Informational Series WON, Writing for a Non-Fiction Program, Cinematography for a Nonfiction Program, Sound Editing for a Nonfiction Program, Sound Mixing for a Nonfiction Program
• Silicon Valley (11) – Comedy Series, Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Thomas Middleditch), Directing for a Comedy Series (2), Writing for a Comedy Series (2), Casting for a Comedy Series, Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series, Production Design for a Narrative Program (2), Sound Mixing for a Comedy Series
• Broad City (1) – Short Form Comedy or Drama Series
• Lily Tomlin (1) - Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (for Grace and Frankie)
• A Very Murray Christmas (2) – Television Movie, Music Direction
• Amy Poehler and Tina Fey (1) – Guest Actress(es) Comedy Series (for Saturday Night Live) WON
• Cartel Land (5) – Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking WON, Directing for a Nonfiction Program, Cinematography for a Nonfiction Program WON, Picture Editing for a Nonfiction Program, Sound Editing for a Nonfiction Program WON
• Garfunkel and Oates (1) – Original Music and Lyrics (for "Trying to Be Special")
• Matt Walsh (1) - Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (for Veep)
• Jimmy Kimmel Live (1) - Variety Talk Series
• Saturday Night Live (16) - Variety Sketch Series, Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Kate McKinnon) WON, Directing for a Variety Series, Writing for a Variety Series, Technical Direction, Guest Actor Comedy Series (5) WON (see Amy Poelher and Tina Fey), Production Design for a Variety Program, Lighting Design for a Variety Series, Costumes for a Variety Program, Makeup for Multi-Camera Series, Hairstyling for Multi-Camera Series WON, Stunt Coordination for a Variety Program
• Rachel Bloom (with Adam Schlesinger) (2) – Main Title Theme (for "Settle for Me" on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend), Music and Lyrics (for "I'm Going on a Date with Josh's Friend" on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend)
• James Franco (with four others) (1) – Short Form Variety Series (for Making a Scene with James Franco)
• Vinyl (2) – Main Title Design, Makeup for a Single-Camera Series
• Seth MacFarlane (1) - Character Voice-Over Performance (for Family Guy) WON
• Larry David (1) – Guest Actor Comedy Series (for Saturday Night Live)
• Vice (3) - Informational Series, Picture Editing, Sound Mixing for a Nonfiction Program WON
• Woman with Gloria Steinem (1) - Documentary or Non-Fiction Series
The Emmys were handed out on Sept. 18 on ABC; Jimmy Kimmel hosted the show. Check out the entire list of 2016 nominees and winners here.