(Maher also defends Aziz Ansari and suggests men are not the problem in dating encounters.)
Maher mentions drugs on at least five occasions:
1. "People say, 'Oh Bill, you smoke too much pot.' No, apparently, I smoke the right amount of pot."
2. "They used to put heroin in cough medicine and cocaine in soft drinks. That was not a bad idea."
3. "I'm still the same pot-smoking, childless, unmarried libertine I always was."
4. "Legalize pot nationally. Pot is one of those issues like guns for the right, because it's personal. It's not like other issues that are abstract. It's pot. If one side in this country has all the pot and one side has all the guns, liberals when the Civil War comes are going to get their ass kicked."
5. "I stopped eating pot because I have had two bad experiences. About 12 years ago, I was on stage doing this. I was too high. Someone spiked my dope that night. It was a nightmare. I was hanging on by a thread. The otrher time was even worse, about 20 years ago. This was before dispensaries. I had ephedra, it was speed. I took a brownie for creativity. It was the worst night of my life. My heart was beating a million times a minute. I had no idea what reality was. I finally picked up the phone and called somebody to help me. An hour later there were 20 people in my living room."