It's 20 years since the release of Richard Linklater's stoner movie classic, Dazed and Confused. Set in Austin in 1976, the incoming freshman class is in a for a beating from the seniors, who chase them with paddles. The high school's star quarterback refuses to sign an oath that he won't use drugs. Marijuana is front and center in Dazed and Confused - be it joints, bongs or cool belt buckles.
The Top 10 Actors to Come Out of Dazed and Confused
1. Ben Affleck (O'Bannion) - Oscars for Argo and Good Will Hunting
2. Matthew McConaughey (Wooderson) - Spirit Award for Magic Mike, MTV Movie Award for A Time to Kill
3. Milla Jovovich (Michelle) - starred in all five Resident Evil flicks
4. Parker Posey (Darla) - Party Girl, A Mighty Wind, Louie
5. Rory Cochrane (Slater) - CSI: Miami
6. Cole Hauser (Benny) - ER, Higher Learning, Chase
7. Joey Lauren Adams (Simone) - Chasing Amy, Harvard Man, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
8. Adam Goldberg (Mike) - Saving Private Ryan, The Hebrew Hammer, Entourage, NYC 22
9. Jason London (Randall "Pink" Floyd) - Hero Factory
10. Wiley Wiggins (Mitch) - Waking Life
Top 10 Lines
1. Slater: "Behind every good man there's a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man. She was a hip, hip, hip lady, man."
2. Wooderson: "Say, man, you got a joint?… It'd be a lot cooler if you did."
3. Pink: "Me and my loser friends are gonna head out to buy Aerosmith tickets. Top priority of the summer."
4. Darla: "Lick me, all of you!"
5. Wooderson: "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older and they stay the same age."
6. O'Bannion: "Y'all ready to bust some ass?"
7. Simome: "Now fry like bacon, you little freshman piggies. Fry!"
8. Pink: "Marijuana on one! Reefer on two!"
9. Wooderson: "All right, all right, all right."
10. Slater: "Check you later."
Dazed and Confused Clip Reel
Dazed and Confused Poster